What are cookies?
Cookies are small text files stored on your computer when you visit a website. These files are used to provide a more convenient method of accessing data that is frequently accessed or updated.
Common uses for cookies are:
- Storing preferences for your convenience. (e.g. Saving your online shopping basket)
- Storing data critical to security and authentication. (e.g. Protecting you when you login to a website)
- Storing data about how a person uses a website to improve its features or to better tailor online advertising.
We store cookies to improve your experience when browsing this website:
- If you choose to use our Google Translate service your language preference will be stored in a cookie for the purposes of making it more convenient to translate this site’s content on a page-by-page basis. This cookie is removed once your browser is closed.
- Our ‘Contact Us’ page has an embedded Google Maps map. This Google Maps map stores cookies to save your preferences and interactions which may be used by Google for tracking and statistics purposes.
- Receiving tracking and statistics cookies from the embedded Google Maps map if you choose to log-in to the service on the ‘Contact Us’ page.
- Google Maps and its associated cookies received from logging in. A non interactive replacement map is available instead.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
For more information about cookies visit:
For information regarding the management and deletion of cookies for your browser visit:
- Instructions for Internet Explorer
- Instructions for Chrome
- Instructions for Firefox
- Instructions for Safari
- Instructions for Edge
- Instructions for Opera
These cookies are necessary for the website to function properly.
|PHPSESSID||msap.org.uk||Used by PHP to store data about the browser’s current state.||When the browsing session ends|
|wpfront-notification-bar-landingpage||msap.org.uk||Indicates whether the cookie notification should be displayed on the landing page.||1 year|
|wpfront-notification-bar-keep-closed||msap.org.uk||Indicates whether the cookie notification should remain closed after closing.||1 day|
These cookies remember your preferences when you interact with features on the website such as the Google maps and Google translation widget.
|googtrans||msap.org.uk||Stores your selected language if you choose to use the website translation widget. Required to translate on a per page basis without needing to reselect your choice.||When the browsing session ends|
|NID||google.com||Stores various information such as preferred language and number of search results when your browser makes requests to Google’s sites.||6 months|
|SIDCC||google.com||Appears to store data based on various interactions with the Google map widget including selecting markers, route planning and saving locations.||3 months|
These cookies are used to store information critical to the security of the site.
|HSID||google.com||Stores digitally signed and encrypted records of a user’s Google account ID and sign-in time. Used in combination with SID to protect you from attempts to steal your account information.||2 years|
|SID||google.com||Stores digitally signed and encrypted records of a user’s Google account ID and sign-in time. Used in combination with HSID to protect you from attempts to steal your account information.||2 years|
These cookies are used to store anonymous information about how a person interacts with the site.
|google.com||Stores various data on the user interacting with Google maps including region and and date last used.||1 Month